Silent auctions are a sophisticated type of event that companies, organisations and charities often utilise to raise a significant amount for a cause. The way a silent auction is executed is more orderly compared to the traditional yelling out of bids amongst the crowd.
A silent auction is an effective way to raise money and get people excited about an upcoming event or fundraiser. You can also use this method to gauge interest from potential donors, especially when bidders bring along some friends.
Here are some steps to running a successful silent auction.
Steps to Ensure Your Silent Auction’s Success
If you want to start a silent auction, you must do some planning. This includes setting up bidding rules and ensuring all of your items are ready to go.
It is better to consider what items you want to include in the auction. The more unique and exciting the items are, the better chances you have to get higher bids.
Another thing to remember is how you notify people that they have won an item in the auction. Take advantage of social media. You can notify guests, donors or anyone involved in your event via email, private messages and other communication.
Also, ensure enough volunteers are available to help the auction to run smoothly. But make sure that all of your volunteers are properly vetted so you can be sure that they are trustworthy and reliable.
See the following tips on how to run a silent auction successfully:
- Choose the right items: confirm you have a good mix of high-end and lower-priced items. You want to appeal to a wide range of people and budgets.
- Make sure the items for auction are in good condition and accurately described.
- Get good-quality photos of your silent auction items. People like to know what they are bidding on.
- Know the best layout of the room. Make sure that it is safe enough for guests to move around.
- Arrange your items according to a specific manner. It may be from high-end to lower-level items. Or better yet, place an expensive auction item amongst the lower tiers, guaranteeing instant purchase.
- Display your silent auction items prominently and in an organised manner.
- Have a sign-up sheet so people can leave their contact information.
- Have someone available to answer questions about the silent auction items.
- Set auction limits: you don’t want people overspending on items.
- Start the auction at a reasonable time and end it at a good time.
- Have someone responsible for collecting the auctioned items and payments.
- Send thank you notes to the winners.
What Sells Best at Silent Auctions?
There are a few items that usually do well at silent auctions. These include:
- Vacation packages
- Experiences (such as wine tastings or hot air balloon rides)
- Gift certificates
- Sports tickets
When in doubt, ask a professional silent auction company for help. These companies will provide you with excellent silent auction items that will gain interest from your guests and eventually help you reach your charity goals.
What to Look For in a Charity Fundraising Company?
Working with a company with experience in silent auctions is important to ensure success. They can help with every step of the silent auction process, from choosing the correct items and setting silent auction limits to finishing strings for your event.
A good charity auction service will have experience managing auctions and setting up online bidding platforms. They will also have a solid track record of success, meaning they can provide you with some assurance that your auction is going to go well.
Another important factor to look for in a charity auction service is transparency. They should be open and transparent about their fees and expenses, which can assure you where your money will be spent.
Finally, it would help if you always did your research before signing up with a new charity auction service. Contact other similar charities and see what they think about their experience with the company. Of course, you only want quality services you should get at a fair price!
When looking for a charity fundraising company, you want to find one that is experienced and has a good reputation. See to it to find a company that is confident to work with you to ensure the success of your silent auction.
Other things you may want to consider when looking for a charity fundraising company include their willingness to work with you, their knowledge of silent auction rules and regulations, and great customer service.
Helping Hand Group Auction Services: Lending You a Helping Hand
If you are looking for a company to help with your silent auction, look no further than Helping Hand Group. We are experienced in silent auctions and can help with every step of the process.
We have been in the service of auctions, charity events and fundraising since 1997. For over two decades, we can guarantee full support to your charity event from execution to finish. Our fantastic team is known for our excellent customer service, so you won’t feel alone in planning your next fundraising event. With a long list of successful events, we will assure you that our services come at no cost to our clients!
Learn more about our unique auction items and services. Contact us today.